Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer 2008, Italy--A PEACH PICKIN' WE GO






Our neighbor has peach and nectarine trees and always tells us to go back there and collect some--if we don't he will bring a bucket over himself--so sweet.
We decided for FHE to go picking. I love the nature that surround my home here and was really struck by it as I walked the path along the grapevines, past the newly plowed field, to the fruit trees.
I am really going to miss this view from my back windows when we move back!
And, of course, the peaches were delicious!!

4 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

oooooooo i am so jealous! I have to travel a good 30 minutes to go picking in an orchard, and your house is right there in the background! wow! You really should drink it all in. There are pluses and minuses to all places- but there seem to be fewer and fewer places that offer the type of serenity and laid back lifestyle that you have right now!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Gabe seems to have changes alot!! You can t beat fresh fruit. One year at school Annie had a peach tree in her front yard. It was mind numbinng to think that we couldnt eat the peaches fast enough... Enjoy!!

Jake

Brett and Andrea Robinson said...

Becky Callister... It's Andrea Johnson! How the heck are ya? You look wonderful and happy and your family is BEAUTIFUL! It is so crazy that you have four boys! Your home and life in Italy looks amazing, but I bet it is hard to be so far from family... When do you think you'll be coming back? I am so excited to have found you and your family! Do you care if I add your link to my blog?

Love,
Andrea

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Becky! So many posts! Thanks!

You're probably at home now. I hope you're having a great time. Summers are great whether in Italy or the U.S. Enjoy the view.

Love you