Sunday, October 5, 2008

Grandpa Von--one great guy!




Yesterday was my dad's birthday and I just wanted to put in a little my-dad-is-the-best-because message.

Grandpa Von truly is hard to compete with. He is just amazing, and fun, and energetic, and thoughtful, and patient, and... the list just goes on. I have never met a soul who didn't like my dad.

I hear about Grandpa Von all the time from my kids. They remind me often of just how lucky I am to have him for a father. He was a great dad to me, and is an over-the-top grandpa. What I love is that they don't think "cool new toys and treats" when they think of grandpa, but they think, "I wonder what adventure we will have" and "will I beat him at horseshoes this time?" and "grandpa would love to see this cool rock I found."

He is that amazing kind of person who truly enjoys the simple things in life, like nature and curious little boys. He is a natural hero for all of his grandkids--he always has been for his own children.

I love you, Dad!!

3 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

great pictures! I really love them. ai don't like it when our parents have birthdays. They can't get old. It doesn't seem fair! (not that dad is "old" by any means- but time just keeps on rolling by!!!)

Von and Maureen said...

I sure love the Moss boys. We have a lot of fun. Sometimes I think that I like doing little boy things more than the things I am expected to do at 61 years of age. I enjoy the time we are able to spend with you and your family whether here or in Italy.
Thank you for the kind words. I love your happy birthday song each year. I always brag about how I receive a happy birthday greeting sung in Italian. The birthdays just keep getting better.

Yayi said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I mean it! you already have a really cute family (I mean a bunch of really cute faces!!) but on these pictures you guys look beautiful!!!