Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS


Okay, so most of us eat breakfast, but have you ever had one as cute as this? I love hard-boiled eggs and oranges, but look how much cuter it is when they are hard-boiled quail's eggs and teeny-tiny clementines! I just had to take a picture at the table this morning. Makes me happy just to look at it (I have to admit that, though my eyes prefer the smaller, my stomach much prefers the larger).
*David just smiled at his silly wife who wouldn't eat until she got the perfect picture of this adorable combination. That is just the way I am.

So, on that note....Last week for an activity at church, I asked the ladies to put 3 things in a bag that would describe them and their personalities. We had a very good time, and really learned a lot of fun little things about each other.

I decided that I would ask my family what items they would put in a bag. Here are our responses (I would love to hear some of yours, too!).

David:

1-Key to the church building--I do...

2-volley ball--...what I love...

3-Whatever book my wife is currently reading to us--...every day!


Rebekah:

1- book of fairy tales --love books, especially childrens's tales and all things Happily Ever After

2-bar of dark chocolate --may be my addiction, 70% cocoa (once a day, depending on the day, of course)

3-red and white polka-dot pillow case-- I love sheets too much, and red and white is the ultimate combination of colors, though I love all happy colors especially when complimented with white.

Eli:

1-Dinosaur book-- I love to study dinosaurs

2-one of my made up games-- I have made up many games, and like to make more

3-basketball--I'm pretty good at shooting hoops

Adam:

1-pencil/paper--loves to draw

2-sheriff's badge-- likes to play dress up

3-picture of my mother--"because I'm with her every second of every day" (good or bad?)

Gabriel:

1-big legos--favorite school time toy

2-Once upon a time...The three bears--loves books (this is his favorite today)

3-giant ground sloth--animals are his favorite thing in the world, the stranger the better (this is a real prehistoric creature he learned about at a dinosaur museum in Utah. For Christmas the boys got the toy version).

Isaac: (okay so not exact quotes)

1-a rolled up dirty diaper-- because this means it is no longer on his person
2-a bite-sized piece of anything--though he hates it being pried out of his mouth
3-his little easy-grip ball-- loves to feel the power of the pitch (also likes to do this with wooden blocks, plastic animals, etc.)

10 comments:

Dinger said...

You haven't changed a bit!! I probably would have guess it was you at Relief Society. . .If I lived a million miles away from Boise in a cute little Italian town like you of course!!
Me. . .Hmmmm
1. A steamy Mormon vampire romance novel (I too love to read, but I need a bit more than just happily ever after.)
2. A piece of Dove Milk Chocolate (unfortunately I only can eat them on Sundays. . .my free day)
3. My IPOD (I love music!! A little bit of everything)

Rachel Ure said...

very cute. hmmm.
1. a paint brush- i love to create
2. mac and cheese - i have kids, and i am not a cook
3.journal - i like to write, dream, and plan

Josh said...

i am hungry now...

1. guitar - just a relaxing, go anywhere thing, that i must have.

2. the back roller thingy - i love having my back rolled out with this bread pin looking thing. it feels sooooo good.

3. 65' HD tv, with surround sound!! i hardly ever watch it, but when i do....

Lanette said...

Love the plate picture! I asked Ben and here are his three:
1. Screwdriver...always fixing things, working on some project to improve our lives (or so he says...).
2. Picture of his family...what can I say? I'm privileged to have made it into his bag!
3. A can of pop...Yep, pop.

Me:
1. A book...boring to the masses, beautiful prose (I'm a nerd).
2. A notebook...can you believe I have dreams of the perfect sentence?
3. A blanket. I LOVE to be snuggly by myself, with children, husband...anyone really...well, not ANYONE:).

Von and Maureen said...

Well, this is mom and I would have to go with:
1. piece of dark chocolate (my medicine)
2. My walking and hiking shoes. Love to be out using those babies.
3. a little bundle of craft items. Can't break it down into something specific, cause I like to do many things. I really need to add a 4th here. I need a really good movie to watch will I am crafting (something Jane Austin would do wonderfully)

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Alright here we go:

Jake:
1. A Guitar -- It says much about me
2. A Copy of the DOminquez and Escalante 1776 Expedition Journals-- My love for Utah's wilderness and my love of history
3. A clowns nose -- I have to inject humor into about everything I do (my medicine)

Annie:
1. A Good Book (Anything Jake recommends)
2. My Computer -- Design
3. Good Food (Anything Jake makes...yeah right)

Deborah and Stephen said...

this is a very cute idea!
hmmm and tough
1. sweets.. really anything that is sweet..
2. some good music.. if I am stuck with josh or jake than i am golden and hence, can pick something else.. :)
3. in lieu of number 2..something (preferrably a person) that I could talk to or just beable to be with... I like company or I guess more the presence of another.. ok that sounds creepy but ya know what I mean. sorry moving on
4. running shoes or my yoga matt.. being one with the inner me

jenifer said...

quail eggs... gross!
why don't you just feed your kids some horse. oh wait. you do. :)
i still need to think about my 3 things...

Anonymous said...

Becky Callister....has it really been 15 years since we graduated?!....My best friend in high school, I am so glad I finally found you! You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to hear about all you have been up to! Looking at your blog I can see you are as amazing now as you were back then. Email me at laurie.brady@amfam.com! I hope to hear from you!

Laurie (Taylor) Brady

Janelle said...

Got your Valentine letter today. It's fun to read through your blog and see what life is like for you so far away. You guys look great! We feel far away from family, too, and blogging helps us stay connected.