Thursday, December 16, 2010

hallelujah chorus

Cool experience!

Our friends, the Treadwells, heard about a minister who was organizing a flash mob singing of the Hallelujah Chorus. Anyone who knew their part was welcome to join in on the sing at the local mall (Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester, CT).

It was at 3:00pm on a Sunday afternoon, and we decided it would be a neat thing to witness, so we packed up our families and headed over. *Eli commented that he had never been to a mall on a Sunday before--I let him know that I didn't think I ever had either.

We weren't sure how the turn out would be, so we took place in the outskirts near the big yellow advertisement sign. Pretty soon we were packed in tight. When the trumpet started to play and the conductor's arms went up, the number of voices we heard was awesome!

We were possibly the only members of our own faith represented there that afternoon, but what a thrill to be surrounded by fellow Christians, belting out a song in praise of the Savior of us all!

*You can always pick out David holding Isaac, and Gabe's best buddy Chase, who is in front of the yellow sign, on his dad's shoulders. Look for the rest of us.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

jenifer said...

i could even hear you guys!!
how fun...

if you have to break the sabbath that is a great way to do it.
Yes, walking in a mall on Sunday is sabbath breaking- i'm totally teaching my kids that. :)
we won't tell anybody about the starbucks in david's hand either.

just kidding. i LOVED it. and, you're all famous now!!!

Lanette said...

That was so great! My mother in law sent us another big singing at a mall in PA. How cool is that? I think I would've had goosebumps and got a little teary at the wonder of it all. Kind of like how I felt when my kids sang Silent Night AT SCHOOL. "Silent night, Holy night, Son of God, love's pure light . . ." right along with the principal. Goosebumps and tears. So jealous you were a part of that!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I'd be lying if I said that that didn't choke me up a bit! I have long preached the power of uniting in song! My other thought was how differently people would have interpreted that moment (with few exceptions)I am sure most all present had a good feeling, but where do you think those with testimonies of Jesus Christ landed on the spectrum of "holiday experience?"

Rachel Ure said...

i posted this to my facebook and right away three people said they hadseen it already! what?! you are famous. i too got choked up. it surprised me. thanks for sharing. AND i think you made a great sunday choice

Von and Maureen said...

Now we are world famous! Their is no stopping this family. I am sure that it was your voices that we heard above the crowd. Don't let it go to your head Eli and Isaac.
What a great way to share the true spirit of Christmas! Has the bishop forgiven you yet? (going to the mall, skipping church, being on world Utube and all on Sunday)