Monday, April 28, 2008

Frasassi Caves


We had heard about some caves about 2 hours away from us and decided to go check them out this past weekend.

It ended up being one of the most awesome places ever! The stalactites and stalagmites were unbelieveable! I truly had tears come to my eyes as I looked around me at these things which have taken thousands of years to form. We walked through the cave for over an hour, though I could have looked at it all for much longer.

The boys loved it (on the drive down the boys watched Planet Earth's Caves to really make it mean something)! It truly felt like you were in some sort of fantasy world.

I have seen some pretty neat buildings and art since living here, but there just isn't anything to compare with God-made, natural beauties. These things were made one drop at a time--a great analogy for sticking to it!
*You couldn't take pictures inside, but they had a camera and photographer set up in one place, so we bought this picture from them--the picture definitely does not do it justice.


3 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

What a neat lookng place. It must be wonderful to bring tears to your eyes. The last cave I have been in is Timp. cave. IT is cool but maybe not as cool as these. Having your kids watch the planet earth on caves was such a good Idea. They are so much more impressive if you understand a little bit more about them. I guess They have everything in Italy. We can offer you Goblin Valley, and slot canyons, and of course, family. This world is amazing and I am glad that you are seeing what you can of it there. Love you guys, mom and grandma

Josh said...

i really want to get the planet earth series on DVD. i saw them at costco the other day but talked myself out of it for some reason. that cave looks awesome!! another thing for us to see when we come out!! it may have to be a month or so with everything!

Rachel Ure said...

nothing can beat really beautiful God made creation