Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just A nother Day in Paradise


I love the country song by Phil Vassar called Just Another Day in Paradise, so I decided to try and think about my paradisical life when the "little things" go wrong.

Well, the other day, when David was out of town, I cooked eggs for the boys before school. Don't you hate it when they stick to the pan? I soaked the pan for many hours--a habit of mine which is easily accomplished since I often let my dishes sit all day before getting to them anyway!

When I finally tried to clean the pan, I had to use my fingernails to scrape off the egg. I was about ready to throw the pan out when I remembered this song. I realized that I was living "just another day in paradise" and these eggs weren't going to get me down!

I then saw them as something other than a mere mess--they became a wonderful message board for the note I wanted to send to my husband.

I am so blessed to be living, for the most part, the life of my dreams!

4 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

only you could turn fried eggs into a valentine. soo sweet

Leslie said...

Love it!

Von and Maureen said...

ahh becky, that is so great!! I am glad you didn't throw away that pan, I remember that I really liked it. I alwo remember that you have the smallest sinks in the world. You are truly wonderful. mom

Rebekah said...

David had a homeschool moment (remember, Mathmeticians Are People, Too!) and would like you all to know that, using pythagorean theorum, he was able to figure out the diameter of our huge sink. He only had to remember that a 9x13 pan barely fits into the sink.
Go look up pythagorean theorum and try it out for yourself!!

*or, like Rebekah, you could just decide that it's much quicker to grab your tape measure, though it isn't nearly as cool, and cannot be acheived whilst ablogging at the computer.