Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving blessings 2008

I know it is a bit late, but I just wanted to say a few of the things that I am grateful for this year.


Thanksgiving day here in Cesena, Italy was a very pretty day and as I looked out my back window that morning I was once again reminded of the reason I love living here--there are many good things, but my very favorite is the beauty and peace that surrounds our house. I have seen this view many times since moving in over 2 years ago, but it just never gets old! I am so grateful for the beauties of nature.







What a fun thing to have Josh and Deena's family out here. Thanksgiving really does just seem to be the prefect time to spend with extended family. It is so much more enjoyable to do all the prep for the big meal when there is family to chat with while you do it!

We are also grateful to good friends here from church and also the MacDonald family. I don't know what I would do without them while we are living here.

This Thanksgiving I was reminded how important it is to show love to our families. Angie MacDonald lost her 28 year old son just over a week before Thankgiving and as I heard and felt some of her pain, I looked at my own children. There are times they drive me crazy, but each one adds so much joy and interest into our lives. I pondered each individual boy and the roll they play. There would be such a cavity in our family at the loss of any of them. But I also felt a greater level of gratitude for my knowledge of The Plan of Salvation and the idea of Eternal Families. I am so grateful to know that these boys are mine forever!


Our family is so blessed!

2 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

What a great holiday to share with so many fun people!! You are truly blessed. It is fun to see Josh and family with you...hope that you are all truly enjoying this rare time you have together. I bet the house is noisy with all the echos. We miss you all and pray for you all as well. Enjoy life as it is right now. love you all MOM

Rachel Ure said...

I some how missed viewing this post- which is interesting since I am so on top of checking people's blogs. Only you would have the energy and motivation to completely dress your whole family in thanksgiving attire. Your italian friends probably think all americans are as creative and inventive as you are. sweet hair eli- so silky smooth and lustrous.
that view from your house is amazing. i find beautiful landscape so inspiring.
love ya