Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy 11th Anniversary!











I can't believe it has been 11 years--it doens't seem like less,... but that just sounds too long for 2 as young as us (especially one as young as I).


I am so grateful for my David. To describe him is impossible--he is beyond words, but I just call him "Mr. Poppins" --go watch Mary Poppins (one more time never hurts) and you will see that she measures up just like David, "Practically Perfect in Every Way"!!


My David knows how to love me, how to comfort me, how to make me smile, and how to put up with my moods (wow, that is a lot to learn, even in 11 years).


The other day the boys and I were discussing an article in The Friend we had just read. I was telling them that when we make others happy we will, in return, be truly happy ourselves. That we shouldn't focus on our own happiness, but look at others and think of way to make them happy. Eli replied, so sincerely, "You mean like Dad does for you?"
I was blown away by his instant reply and was reminded of what a great husband I have and what he is teaching his boys!


I love you, Mr. Poppins!


*David cut my hair this morning--just another sign that he will do just about anything to make me happy.

5 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

what a great little tribute. happy anniversary! I swear you guys should be having at least your 15 years anniversary! can we really just be 2 1/2 years behind you? crazy! you should have posted a picture of your hair cut. By-the-way, we are going to call- promise- but until then, that you so much for your christmas gift! Tayson is having a blast with the "eyeball mac-nic-fying ball"

Von and Maureen said...

Happy anniversary you two fabulous people!!!! We are so glad that you are both a part of our family. Dad and I had to assist at a singles dance (30 and Older) last night. Wow, was I glad that I was married, and that I am married to Von. It was a great anniversay present to us so that we could be so grateful for each other. Love you guys MOM (it says Deb, but it is me)

Karly and Nick said...

That picture looks very familiar to me...was that our apartment, or is it David's? I do remember that shirt! You guys are perfect together...you are just as wonderful as David is!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Well Done David,

Way to take care of my sister. Do you give workshops, per chance?
Congrats on 11 years you guys! Thats fantastic!...and kind of crazy.

Jake

Leslie said...

YAY! Happy Anniversary. What a great thing to be celebrating. You are as awesome as ever. Love you!