Friday, June 5, 2009

34 for David!

David turned 34 on the 3rd of June.
To help celebrate this great day the boys and I all created our own party hats.
We kept quoting Dr Suess,
"Now do you like my hat?"
"I do. I like that party hat!"
In keeping with the Dr Suess feeling we decided to make Daddy's hat with lots of interesting things on it. We decided on an underwater theme, complete with gold fish, worm, sunken treasure, and even a whale blowing out the top (which, unfortunately got cut off in the picture).
What man could ask for more? hee, hee
The boys also gave him the gift of song. They sang My Daddy is my Favorite Pal, but surprized him with a second verse they invented, with a little help from me:
Our Daddy's name is David Moss, and he really likes to play.
It's volleyball or basketball, Stratego, hip-hor-ray!
He knows the laws of Physics and he makes the airplanes fly.
When he comes home, we jump for joy,
'Cause he is the greatest guy!!!
Eli came up with the physics part. I asked him to tell me something he liked about his Dad and he responded, "He knows physics." It is true! You wouldn't believe how often a good understanding of physics is needed to properly answer Eli's questions (I'm hoping to find a Physics for dummies to study, so Eli will think I'm cool, too). I tell ya, it pays to be a nerd! hee, hee
I sure do love my hottie nerd! Happy Birthday, Mr. Poppins!!

2 comments:

jenifer said...

i do!! i do!! like your hats!! so cute! love you guys!

Von and Maureen said...

OH my word how cute are the hats and the family in them. What a fun thing for the boys to do. Happy Birthday David!!! Looks like you had a good one. We love you Mom