Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life goes by so quickly! I can't believe how often it seems to be Sunday--the week just flies!


I find myself pondering my boys and how they really do get bigger each day. Today in sacrament meeting I looked over at Eli sitting in his plastic chair, leaning down on the electric piano. He just looked so long to me. I was amazed that he is mine.

Right now we do a lot of fort-building, bug-collecting, game-creating, world-drawing, nature-movie-watching (Eli and Adam said that if they could meet any famous person it would be either Nigel Marvin, or David Attenborough--you can tell what they love to watch. They honestly think these are the 2 coolest people in the world. Eli asked if I could get their numbers and call them. He has many things he would like to ask them), and, of course, book-reading (The Hobbit is their new favorite book--though I have had to learn to master using my light-and-happy-voice in reading the scariest parts. This is not as easy as one might think.).

These boys are just . . . curious, little boys. I love it.


I never actually saw the movie, but one of my favorite quotes ever, is found in Finding Neverland:
Little boys should never go to sleep because
they only wake up one day older.


There is nothing more adorable than 4 sleeping boys all cozy in one room,
but it is amazing how days and nights pass, and little children grow into bigger children.

**message to self: Rebekah, enjoy today, because tomorrow is coming fast!

*FYI--In the picture with boys sitting in the window, David is in the room behind them--we do want them to live to see many tomorrows. smile.

5 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

i wish i could enlare yur photos- they are always so full of life- and i want a bigger view. SO glad you are noticing the blessings around you. i think that is the best way to have no regrets.

Josh said...

hard to believe that you have a 10 year old, 8year old, 5 year old, 1 year old. time flies. of course i was thinking that in a mere 7 years i will be 40, and that is when it all hit home. The Hobbit was one of my favorite books when i was 11. it doesn't have to be scary, because it is make believe, but remember that the good guys win, and there is a good moral in the story that you can follow around. ie,, never be greedy (thorin) be willing to step out of your comfort zone to help others (bilbo) and you will learn that you have what it takes to conquer any thing that comes your way, no matter how big it is and how small you are. "Even the littlest of people can sometimes make the biggest difference" - Gandalf

Dinger said...

Your pictures just make me want to move to Italy. Love the fort!!

Von and Maureen said...

I love the pictures Becky. I ahve to admit that When I am at you house I too have wanted to climb out and sitin that bathroom window. What a great shot. That picture of Issac is beautiful! Sticky, but beautiful. I love the fact that my children all seem to express themselves to well in writing. LOve to read the blogs and the comments. Mom

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Geez Luiz Beck, SOme of those pics do not look real, stunning. Its like a scene out of a story where your boys invent what they want the backyard to look like and it suddenly appears. When I think of how fond my childhood memories (memories of West Valley mind you) are, it is pretty fun to think of the memories those boys will have.

Jake