Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gabey turns 5!

Gabey-goo.
sweet thumb-sucking cuddler
Makes mom melt.
I can't believe that he is 5!
Of all my children, he is the one that I would just like to keep in compact form, so I can always have him near me:
-asking to come to the grocery store, when everyone else wants to stay home with Dad.
-telling me I am pretty and he loves me
-ready at any moment to have a story read to him
-climbing into my bed in the morning for some snuggles before starting the day
-making up poetry like:
Once there was a Raccoon and he met a
Ibex and then they met a
Iguanadon and then they met a
Allasaurus and then they met a
Amabeledon and then they met a
Diplodocus and then they met a
Liopleridon and that was the end.
(all real creatures, mostly prehistoric)
The day before his birthday I told him that he just needed to stay 4 because it fits him so well. He let me know that he was going to be 5 (there is something so magical about that whole-hand-age), but he said, "Don't worry, Mom. I will still cuddle you up!"


Gabe's jungle-themed party
Gabe says, "The best thing I got for my birthday was my Ibex, and my favorite thing we did is adventuring to find animals . . .but not real ones, toy ones!"

6 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

i love that he is so into animals. I don't think i want tayson to be 5 either. 4 year olds are just big toddlers. 5 - thats like a real kid. love you beck and i am thinking about you a lot right now....:)

Von and Maureen said...

Oh my word Becky, that is an amazing cake!!!! I agree...lets just keep Gabe little, it works for me. They all grow up so fast. was good to talk to Gabe and Eli. Lool forward to seeing you all very soon. Mom

Leslie said...

He sounds like such a sweet boy. You did a beautiful job celebrating his special day. Wonderful decorations, amazing cake! BTW-He is the same age as MY cuddle-bug Zachary. So fun!! Love the sweet cuddles.

Lanette said...

Cute. I can't wait to see him...tonight!!! I can't believe your skills with cakes. Wow. You are quite the mommy.

Kara said...

Rebekah!!!!!! You are my favorite person in the WORLD and I am SO excited to finally have contact with you!!! (this is kara logie if you dont know...) Your family is so cute and i had no idea you added a fourth but your boys are darling cant believe how big eli is.....You are the cutest mom ever and I hope to me just like you someday. :-) Here is my blog if you want to follow my life :-) Christianandkarajoy.blogspot.com, are you on facebook? if not, you really should be you can connect with so many people...anways lets keep in touch!
love you much!!

Jilene said...

Hi Rebekah. Do you remember me? brenda logies daughter? your family is precious. can I add you to my blog list? we have a blog, but it is private, so if you send me your email address to mjmlray@gmail.com, I can add you on. Glad things are going well in Italy. Are you fluent in Italian yet? Good to see your darling family.