Thursday, April 21, 2011

12 years old!

We've been over this for many years now, but . . . 12?!

Eli had a great birthday.
His dream came true when, not only did he get a new Lacrosse stick and balls, but the weather cooperate enough that he could have friends over and play outside! He made up a lacrosse-type game using plastic cups, since not everyone would have their own stick. He calls it "cupping" and he got to play it with neighborhood friends and Johnny Simcik (from church). This boys is pretty easily pleased and it was nice to see him have a great day.
Our friend Dakota stayed that night and watched Jurassic Park with him--Eli has been curious about this movie for years now, so I relented (we have been studying movies and special effects for a bit, and Jurassic park comes up often--not to mention the fact that he has been a dinosaur freak his whole life!)


Poor little Isaac was sick through all the fun.

Eli truly is the-great-and-powerful-boy, only now he is a giant boy (that is what I call him, anyway).


Happy Birthday, my Eli!




2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

I have been catching up on your blog. Rebekah, you are an amazing women/mother! The church is always taling about needing righteous women to build up the kingdom, and you my friend, are deninitely one of them! I miss you and hope you can get to Idaho soon!

Shelley Gee said...

I just wanted to write again because the verification word is fabyong and I think that is funny :D