Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ADOMIOUS SUPREMIOUS--Happy 8th Birthday!!


Our sweet little Adam is just getting too old! Eight years old today.


Long legs, perminant teeth, striving for indepedence (at least the right to not cut or comb his hair, and to wear shorts no matter what the weather), . . .
Where did my squishy little baby go?



Well, luckily he is still cuddly, sweet, and charming as ever. He is also artistic, loves costumes (last year he wanted to be a cowboy for his birthday and this year it is a Roman Soldier), and is able to appreciate beauty. He gets angry and will scowl at me, but that is easily turned into a smile and a hug of repentence.

Adam is funny and loves funny things. He has always laughed at movies in a way that makes it so enjoyable to watch with him. For a few years it was Winnie The Pooh Search for Christopher Robin--he would giggle at all the simple sillies. He loves The Ghost and Mr. Chicken--his laughter as Don Knots tries to karate chop the tree is worth the rewind over and over. The kids just recently watched The Court Jester. Adam laughed almost to the point of tears at the final sword fight scene--everyone laughs, but he just cracks up. I love the sound of his contageous laugh.

Adam is such an important part of our little family! We are so grateful to have him with us. We love you, our sweet little Adam Von!!
*this year he asked for a shield cake with 2 swords crossing behind it. He decorated the shield himself:

6 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

that cake is amazing! both of yu did a great job on it! I love the top picture of adam. he really is so cute.Make sure you take a cool picture of him by the funky baptismal font. we liked that one of eli. BY-the-way, so sorry my cafeteria food post made you sick. it was sorta random. glad you get visitors in a week!!!

Yayi said...

I did not know you were such a great cake decorator!! that cake is just perfect!!! Hug that cute boy and tell him we wish him the very best!! He definitely is a sweet kid and I am really grateful and honored to be his aunt!!
Tell him we love him soooooooo much!!

Deborah and Stephen said...

oh sweet adam! happy birthday! I am so excited that I get to see you and the rest of your family in a week! I am also so happy to be there for Adam's baptism! love you adam!

Leslie said...

OH, it is so tough watching the babies grow up! Eight! Wow. Such a a handsome boy. Great job on the cake!

Dinger said...

Oh my goodness, eight is such a great age. . .my Maddie can't get enough Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers!!! I live through her!! The cake is awesome!!! Rebekah, I can't get over how great you look! You haven't aged a bit!!

Lanette said...

You are amazing! How do you make cakes like that? You've always done really cool cakes! I loved reading about little Adam...who doesn't look so little anymore. Brig can't wait for "Adam and Eve" to come to Idaho! Neither can I! Hope you've survived the week without Dave. Love you!