Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is so great!


Don't you just love spring?!
We had some gorgeous weather here for a few days and the boys and I took full advantage of it. It was so fun to see the little sweet flowers and notice some buds starting to form on fruit trees.


I've said it before, but I must say again that I just love the area surrounding my house here.
It is so serene and full of the beauties of nature.
Our backyard is full of green winter wheat and it is gorgeous.
It also had its share of good, wholesome dirt.

Isaac just had to experiment to find out if the brown stuff tastes as good as it looks.
No, I didn't stop him. Instead I got before and after shots.

There is also plenty of adventure around us for the big boys.
They thought that it was a pretty great afternoon when mom decided they could get down into the ditches and just slop around.
They slid down the muddy sides and filled their rubber boots with water.

They sloshed all the way home, smiling, and laughing.

This is the stuff every little boys memories should be made of--though I'm not necessarily going to okay it for every walk we take.

Those crazy Americans!



3 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

love those pictures! gabe looks so much like you in the first shot! every kid (and mom) needs some wide open space. I am shocked at how much i have missed spring! I really don't do so well in the winter. SO glad you have some beautiful weather.

Von and Maureen said...

ahhh, it looks great there!! looking forward to some of your spring. We are going to get more snow today (2-3 feet in the mountains). Were there gross things in the canal water? I know that just makes it more fun for the boys :) The secret is to enjoy whatever weather we are having....life is good, right? MOM

Yayi said...

AWESOME!! I am soooo happy you guys are enjoying spring already!! I wish I could say that as well...
Please kiss that gorgeous kid of yours (the dirt eater!!) he looks adoooooooooorable having a healthy dirt snack!!!
Love to all of you!!